Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Kid's Great Tasting Snacks
Make and share this Moist and Spicy Gingerbread Squares (Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- Beat margarine and sugar until well blended
- beat in molasses and egg white.
- Combine dry ingredients
- add to wet, alternately with applesauce mixing well after each addition.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven in a greased 8 inch baking pan 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into squares, frost if desired.
I'm updating my review. Here is what I first said: We found this kind of bland, though I suspect it would be good with some warm chunky applesauce. Decent texture though. Thanks for a healthy one to try!---------------------- Thing was, this was much better after it sat for a day or so and was eaten very cold. So I'd recommend not eating it warm!