Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Kid's Great Tasting Snacks
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- Beat margarine and sugar until well blended
- beat in molasses and egg white.
- Combine dry ingredients
- add to wet, alternately with applesauce mixing well after each addition.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven in a greased 8 inch baking pan 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into squares, frost if desired.
I'm updating my review. Here is what I first said: We found this kind of bland, though I suspect it would be good with some warm chunky applesauce. Decent texture though. Thanks for a healthy one to try!---------------------- Thing was, this was much better after it sat for a day or so and was eaten very cold. So I'd recommend not eating it warm!