1/7 Photos of Moist and Rich Homemade Chocolate Cake!
The is the moistest and richest homemade chocolate cake recipe I have ever tried! I used this recipe when I baked my own wedding cake. Since my wedding, I continue to make this delicious chocolate cake. I like to frost it with a simple buttercream and use cherries for a garnish, or make cupcakes for my husband's lunch. If you are tired of making dry textured homemade cakes, give this recipe a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups strong coffee
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar (granulated works fine)
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut parchment paper circles to fit three 9 inch cake pans, or 2 larger cake pans (depending on the size and style of cake you want to create).
- 3Alternatively, this recipe will make about 3 1/2 dozen cupcakes, using muffins tins lined with cupcake papers.
- 4Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Whisk the cocoa and coffee together until smooth (no lumps).
- 7Set aside.
- 8In a large mixer bowl, cream butter (about 1 minute), add oil, beat for one minute.
- 9Add sugars, beat for 10 minutes.
- 10Add eggs, beat 5 minutes.
- 11Add vanilla, beat until blended.
- 12Alternately add coffee and cocoa mixture and dry ingredients into butter mixture, mixing after each addition, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl often.
- 13Pour into prepared pans.
- 14Bake for about 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 15If making cupcakes, bake for about 20 minutes.
- 16Spread frosting over layers, and frost entire cake.
- 17Another delicious idea is to melt jam until it's syrup consistency (if using raspberry jam, make sure you strain it!) and brush the tops of the layers with the melted jam before frosting them.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist and Rich Homemade Chocolate Cake!
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.2
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Sodium 293.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 52.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g