Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by livnliter.
- 2 cups splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (or lighter bake recommended)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (I add)
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (1 can)
- 6 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup splenda sugar substitute
- 4 ounces sugar-free Cool Whip or 4 ounces Cool Whip Lite
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat over to 375.
- Coat a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat Splenda, Lighter Bake (or applesauce), egg whites, and vanilla. In another bowl, combie flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add to Lighter Bake mixture. Blend well.
- Stir in carrots, raisins and nuts.
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 25-35 minutes or until wooden puck comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- Spread evenly with frosting after cooled. For frosting, whip all ingredients together and spread on cooled cake. For garnish, toast some sugar free coconut and sprinkle on top of cake along with some grated carrots.