Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This chicken stays moist and holds the crusty coating in the oven.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In shallow dish, mix butter,garlic, parsley and garlic powder.
- Combine breadcrumbs and cheeses.
- Dip chicken in butter, then in crumb mixture.
- Place in baking dish.
- Cover and bake at350* for 45 minutes.
I made this two ways and it was good both ways. The first way was as written and it was deeelicious. Also, quite easy to make. The second way was for me to eat because I'm trying to lose weight. Instead of the butter I used nofat, plain yoghurt instead of the butter, and I left out the cheeses. It was still quite good, but it definitely wasn't as good as the original. I have to admit I ate three bites of the original so that I could review it.
Inez, my belly is full and my heart sings! What a wonderful chicken dish. The garlic really came through, but didn't overpower! A simple baked potato and a tossed salad was all that was needed with this entree! Definately going to be made again and again by this cook!
Another great Inez recipe. Just as you stated, the chicken was moist and juicy. Yummy crisp coating too. Simple to make but has lots of great garlic flavor. Thanks Inez.