Recipe by trishypie
This carrot cake is so moist and rich it will melt in your mouth. Be sure to top it with my cream cheese icing for the ultimate in dessert cakes!
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄3 cups carrots (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut (shredded)
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients into a bowl. Add oil, eggs and vanilla and beat well. Fold in walnuts, coconut, carrots and pineapple.
- Pour batter into greased 9 inch layer cake pans lined with wax paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the edges have pulled away from the sides.
- Cool on a cake rack for 3 hours. Frost with creamcheese icing and dust with confectioners sugar. Enjoy!