Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite recipe for banana bread, its adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe. It is easy to make, and its sooooo scrumptious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream butter and sugars until white and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; mix to combine.
- Stir in nuts, and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 mins.
I have made this bread 5 or 6 times. Very moist and perfect I did cut sugar in half. Haven't come across a bread any better .the best.
Gonna bake this tonight. We'll see. :) www.mindspiritdesign.com
I made this banana bread from this recipe for the first time turn out great love it and so did my husband