Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom used to make this recipe. The same recipe can be used as a drop cookie without refrigerating. To soften a cookie baked too long, add a slice of bread to the cookie jar.
- Mix thoroughly shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Shape into two logs and wrap in waxed paper or foil.
- Refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
- Slice into 1/4 inch slices and place on greased baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately.
- Store in a tightly covered container.