Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
found this in a box of recipe clippings from a Church garage sale
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- in large saucepan, that has been sprayed with non stick vegetable spray --
- over very low heat -- melt chips and butter.
- stir occasionally until well blended.
- remove from heat.
- add baking mix.sweetened condensed milk and egg.stir well.stir in nuts.
- spray non stick vegetable spray on bottom and sides of 13x9" baking dish -- pour brownie mix into dish.
- bake 20-25 minutes.
- cool slightly.cut into squares -- .
This is the most bland tasting brownie. It is moist and chewy, but has very little flavor. I would add vanilla and change the chocolate chips to cocoa powder next time. Very blah!
this has been my alternative to boxed mix brownies for years. it is easy, chewy and chocolately delicious.