Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This poundcake is unbelievably moist and delicious. Another awesome use for biscuit mix. The strawberry sauce puts this one over the top.
- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Prepare 13-by 9-inch (3 L) baking pan, lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together granulated and brown sugars, cream cheese and butter on medium speed until soft and creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and almond extract. Stir in biscuit mixture and blend until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan, spreading to edges with a rubber spatula. Bake in preheated oven until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack to cool completely.
- Strawberry Sauce:
- In a large skillet, cook sugar and butter over low heat until butter has melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sliced strawberries, stirring until sauce turns red from the berries.
- Spoon into center of cake and serve a little with each slice.