Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Presented By: Moira Kaye
- 1 (22 ounce) packagefrozen mashed potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook potatoes according to package directions; set aside.
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, drain and return to skillet.
- Add peas and carrots, flour, salt and broth.
- Cook and stir for about three minutes until slightly thickened.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased deep-dish pie plate.
- Stir together potatoes and egg.
- Spoon over meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake and additional 5 minutes.
- Makes six servings.