A hot German carrot side dish translated from the classic German cookbook "Koch vergnugen wie noch nie." Not very healthy, but very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and peel carrots, then cut them into thick sticks.
- 2Heat a large sauce-pot over low heat and melt the butter and sugar together until the sugar caramelizes.
- 3Add the carrot sticks to the caramel mixture and stir to coat.
- 4Add the hot broth,cover, and let carrots steam 25-30 minutes over medium-low heat (after 15 minutes, remove the lid so the remaining liquid will evaporate.).
- 5Once the carrots are cooked enough to your liking, whisk in the cream, season to taste, and add the chopped parsley.
- 6Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mohrengemuse (German Carrot Side Dish)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 118.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: