Recipe by HeatherFeather
A hot German carrot side dish translated from the classic German cookbook "Koch vergnugen wie noch nie." Not very healthy, but very tasty.
Top Review by Evie*
This is very tasty indeed! Loved the flavour blends, followed the recipe to a T and was rewarded with a great carrot side dish. I served it with my Cumbed Schnitzel and a potato casserole and Inez' Lemon broccoli. Thanks for posting.
- 1 kg fresh carrot, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 liter hot vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 liter heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel carrots, then cut them into thick sticks.
- Heat a large sauce-pot over low heat and melt the butter and sugar together until the sugar caramelizes.
- Add the carrot sticks to the caramel mixture and stir to coat.
- Add the hot broth,cover, and let carrots steam 25-30 minutes over medium-low heat (after 15 minutes, remove the lid so the remaining liquid will evaporate.).
- Once the carrots are cooked enough to your liking, whisk in the cream, season to taste, and add the chopped parsley.
- Serve warm.