Top Review by Leta
A wonderful recipe that would be great served with egg noodles, I really enjoyed this dish. It is definitely five stars as written. However, after following the recipe exactly, and then adjusting the seasonings, I added a tbls of sour cream just before serving, just because I thought it sounded good. Thank you Mimi!
- 1 lb carrot
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup carbonated water
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lb sirloin steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots and cut into thin slices (crosswise at a slant).
- Place in a saucepan with the soda water, wine, 1/2 t salt and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile cut the meat into very thin slices.
- Heat the vegetable oil and sauté the onions about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef slices; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper.
- Add the meat and onions to the carrots.
- Mix carefully.
- Stir in the cream.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Correct seasonings if necessary.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.