Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the FABULOUS Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, NY
- 1 (4 ounce) fresh skinless sole fillets
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 fresh pear, sliced seeded,and fanned out
- 1⁄4 cup swiss pear-flavored mineral water or 1⁄4 cup unsweetened pear juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry white wine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- fresh dill (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly season skin side of fillet with salt and peper, fold ends under with skin-side down, place in an oven-safe saute pan that has been sprayed with vegetable oil.
- Place fanned pear on top, add mineral water and wine.
- Cover with foil and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove fish to a warmed plate with a slotted spatula, allowing juices to drip back into the pan.
- Add evaporated skim milk to juices, reduce to desired consistency over medium heat, stirring ocasionally.
- When reduced, pour over fish, or serve on the side.
- Garnish with sprig of fresh dill.