Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like poppy-seeds and raisins this is the perfect cake for you. It is loaded with these little goodies and tastes oh so yummy!
- 250 g ground poppy seeds or 250 g poppy seed baking mix
- 100 g melted butter
- 20 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g granola cereal or 25 g ground almonds
- 150 g raisins
- 300 g flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g low fat Quark (firm yogurt works as well)
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 100 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- In a bowl mix poppy seeds, butter, sugar, eggs, granola cereal/almonds and raisins. Stir until well blended.
- In a second bowl mix baking powder and flour. Add quark, milk, oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla and salt. Using the dough hooks work into a smooth dough (first on low then on highest speed). Do not knead longer than 1 minute or dough will become sticky.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a rectangle of 35X45 cm. If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour.
- Spread with the poppy-seed-mixture and roll up starting on the longer side.
- Carefully place on a paper-lined baking sheet and cut a criss-cross-pattern into the top of the dough (about 1.5 cm deep). Brush with a little milk.
- In the preheated oven bake at 180°C/350°F for about 30-35 minutes.
Absolutely my kind of pastry, especially with the combo of raisins & seeds ~ Really a pleasure to make, not to mention devour!! I DO LOVE YOUR RECIPES, Lalaloula! Thanks for sharing this one! [Made & reviewed for my tagged chef in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 21] ~ I'll get that one right, yet, maybe!