1/3 Photos of "mohnstrietzel" (German Poppy-Seed-Cake)
If you like poppy-seeds and raisins this is the perfect cake for you. It is loaded with these little goodies and tastes oh so yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g ground poppy seeds or 250 g poppy seed baking mix
- 100 g melted butter
- 20 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g granola cereal or 25 g ground almonds
- 150 g raisins
- 1In a bowl mix poppy seeds, butter, sugar, eggs, granola cereal/almonds and raisins. Stir until well blended.
- 2In a second bowl mix baking powder and flour. Add quark, milk, oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla and salt. Using the dough hooks work into a smooth dough (first on low then on highest speed). Do not knead longer than 1 minute or dough will become sticky.
- 3Roll out on a floured surface into a rectangle of 35X45 cm. If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour.
- 4Spread with the poppy-seed-mixture and roll up starting on the longer side.
- 5Carefully place on a paper-lined baking sheet and cut a criss-cross-pattern into the top of the dough (about 1.5 cm deep). Brush with a little milk.
- 6In the preheated oven bake at 180°C/350°F for about 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "mohnstrietzel" (German Poppy-Seed-Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (1280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5213.9
- Calories from Fat 2365
- Total Fat 262.8 g
- Saturated Fat 76.5 g
- Cholesterol 649.5 mg
- Sodium 3200.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 651.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 47.1 g
- Sugars 312.8 g
- Protein 107.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: