Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's something you don't find often. Good too.
- 1 cup finely ground and sifted mesquite meal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add oil and water and mix until dough forms a ball and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- (Because mesquite beans and meal have a tendency to pick up any moisture from the atmosphere, the amount of water needed will vary with the weather).
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or flat pan.
- Form the dough into a half-sphere loaf on the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is really easy to make! To make it extra special, I put cream cheese spread and honey on a slice! Yummie.