- 1 cup finely ground and sifted mesquite meal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add oil and water and mix until dough forms a ball and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- (Because mesquite beans and meal have a tendency to pick up any moisture from the atmosphere, the amount of water needed will vary with the weather).
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or flat pan.
- Form the dough into a half-sphere loaf on the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.