Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light magazine
- 1 kg red capsicum, red
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 9 pita bread, cut into 8 wedges
- Cut capsicums in half lengthwise, discarding seeds and membranes. Place skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
- Grill for 12 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Place capsicums in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, walnuts, cumin, red pepper and garlic, sauté 8 minutes. Stir in bell pepper puree, salt, and honey; cook 5 minutes. Cool. Place mixture in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve with pitas.