Recipe by Sage
This is wonderful Lebanese sweet pepper spread presented globally. Served at room temperature with pita wedges.
Top Review by Colorado Lauralee
I made this recipe this AM and we have been snacking on it since. I made it totally by the directions given. We have enjoyed the new to us flavors and will keep it on file to make again. Thanks for the recipe Sage.
- cooking spray
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 9 pita bread, cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, discarding seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 3 inches from heat 12 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Place bell peppers in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (onion through garlic); sauté 8 minutes. Stir in bell pepper puree, salt, and honey; cook 5 minutes. Cool. Place onion mixture in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve with pitas.