Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
There's a little zip in these, but it's not overwhelming. It's just enough to give it some flavour, but not enough to burn. And it's chicken thighs, so kids can pick 'em up to eat 'em.
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Prick the chicken thighs with a fork. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, ginger, garlic, red pepper, salt, sugar, and honey.
- Combine the thighs and spice mixture in a plastic zip bag (or a bowl with cover) and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Set grill to medium (or fire up the broiler). Add the cilantro and green chili to the chicken, mix, and transfer to a flameproof dish.
- Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken.
- Grill (or broil) for about 15-20 minutes, turning and basting the chicken occasionally, until cooked through (the whole juices-run-clear thing).
- Serve immediately. A garnish of fresh cilantro would be nice.
A very nice chicken dish. I only used 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and there was plenty of heat still. Served with rice & steamed boc choy. Thank you Cluich. 1st of 3 reviews as part of PAC 2009