1/1 Photo of Moglai Murg (Mugul Style Chicken)
1 hr 30 mins
This chicken recipe requires a lot of ingredients for the preparation, but as result you will have a tender and tasty dish. Saffron gives to the rich, aromatic and smooth sauce a special touch. You can serve this with rice, but the best choice is fresh naans (Indian bread).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken (about 1000 g, skin removed, cut in 8 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons ghee or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala with pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup condensed milk (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1Prepare your chicken in a heavy pot with lid.
- 2Add all the ingredients until the salt.
- 3Turn the chicken until it is coated with the spices,.
- 4Turn on the heat and fry/roast the chicken pieces until golden (it takes about 20 minutes).
- 5During the cooking time turn the chicken delicately several times and prevent to attach to the bottom.
- 6Add the water and dissolve the fried spices from the bottom of the pot.
- 7Cover the pot and continue to cook about 15 minutes at low heat.
- 85 minutes before serving add the mild and the almonds.
- 9Turn the chicken delicately and cook at low heat 5 more minutes.
- 10Check if you need more salt. If you wish the sauce less thick add some milk, if you prefer it thicker add some more almonds powder.
- 11Serve with naan or rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moglai Murg (Mugul Style Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.0
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 1315.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 26.1 g