Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This chicken recipe requires a lot of ingredients for the preparation, but as result you will have a tender and tasty dish. Saffron gives to the rich, aromatic and smooth sauce a special touch. You can serve this with rice, but the best choice is fresh naans (Indian bread).
- 1 chicken (about 1000 g, skin removed, cut in 8 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons ghee or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garam masala with pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup condensed milk (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- Prepare your chicken in a heavy pot with lid.
- Add all the ingredients until the salt.
- Turn the chicken until it is coated with the spices,.
- Turn on the heat and fry/roast the chicken pieces until golden (it takes about 20 minutes).
- During the cooking time turn the chicken delicately several times and prevent to attach to the bottom.
- Add the water and dissolve the fried spices from the bottom of the pot.
- Cover the pot and continue to cook about 15 minutes at low heat.
- 5 minutes before serving add the mild and the almonds.
- Turn the chicken delicately and cook at low heat 5 more minutes.
- Check if you need more salt. If you wish the sauce less thick add some milk, if you prefer it thicker add some more almonds powder.
- Serve with naan or rice.
i used boneless chicken breasts so it didnt take as long to cook the flavor is wonderful i love the additions of almonds