Cook & Lace's Note:
This is a recipe I think came from a local newspaper, but I'm not sure. I've been making it for over 10 years whenever I have the remains of a roast turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the turkey carcass and whole onion in a soup kettle and cover with cold water.
- 2Bring to a boil and simmer, covered 2 hours or until carcass is falling apart.
- 3Stir in the bouillon cubes the last 1/2 hours of cooking.
- 4Remove from heat and cool.
- 5Pour everything from the soup kettle into a colander, discarding the onion.
- 6When cool enough to handle, reserve only the pieces of turkey meat, discarding bones, skin and gristle.
- 7Refrigerate the meat at once.
- 8Chill the strained broth.
- 9Discard fat and return the broth to the soup kettle and bring to a boil.
- 10Add rice and chopped vegetables. Season to taste and simmer until rice is done.
- 11Stir in reserve meat.
- 12Heat thoroughly. Do Not Freeze.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moe's Turkey Bone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 387.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: