Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Although I refused to eat it until about a week ago (it was green and well it creeped me out) I have now seen the light. This stuff is amazing! I love it! The cilantro is just so awesome. So naturally I had to find a recipe and try it out! :) I found this recipe on the Dabble posted by someone named Annie and it is pretty darn close! :) Cook time is chill time.
- 3 (11 ounce) cans tomatillos
- 1⁄2 small white onion
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro (or to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 jalapenos, medium seeded and chopped (can use serrano or a mix of the jalapenos and serrano)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to your taste)
- Chop onion and pepper into chunks that the food processor can better handle.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor or blender and pulse to your desired consistency. .
- Place in bowl and cover with saran wrap, then place in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to blend for at least a half an hour. Just add your favorite tortilla chips or on one of the above-mentioned foods and enjoy.