Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Summertime cold potato salad!
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 2 large celery ribs, thinly sliced or 2 large celery salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon mustard (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 -10 pieces bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 cup pickle, diced
- Place whole unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Cover pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork. Drain and let cool until easy to handle.
- Cut unpeeled potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size of potatoes. Chunks should be no larger than 1 inch.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, mustard, pickle juice & celery salt or other seasonings you like I add salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, pickles, bacon & sauce mix. stir to blend. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Serves 10 to 12.