Recipe by kayla carnage
I wanted to make this because of my boyfriend and one of our very nice mutual friends, Doug (Mod), who are basically Mountain Dew addicts. Soda cakes perplexed me at first, but they turn out to be very yummy. Doug claimed if I started making this, he'd lock me in his basement doomed to make cakes forever and that my boyfriend would never see me again! This recipe is very Mountian Dew-yum! Nicknamed the Really Cool Dew Cake (RCDC). I don't like many other recipes of this simply because they have a lot of lemon or pineapple or coconut and it detracts from the Mountain Dew...which of course is the main point for my boys. It even has a Mountian Dew glaze.. If you'd rather ice (or do both!), that's okay too. See my Pineapple icing recipe (#187414) for that!
Top Review by mersaydees
I'm not a Mt. Dew fan, choosing originally to make it for fans, yet wow, what a gorgeous and delicious cake! Guess that makes me a fan of the cake. This is going into my Best of 2010 Cookbook. Thanks, kayla carnage. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces Mountain Dew soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Mountain Dew soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan or a tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and Dew. Mix until all ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into prepared 9x13 inch pan and bake for 30 too 35 minutes. Or in a tube pan for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix together glaze ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Continue boiling for two minutes.
- Pour glaze onto cake while glaze is still hot.
- Let cool before flipping onto platter.