1/5 Photos of Mod's Mountain Dew Cake (Rcdc)
kayla carnage's Note:
I wanted to make this because of my boyfriend and one of our very nice mutual friends, Doug (Mod), who are basically Mountain Dew addicts. Soda cakes perplexed me at first, but they turn out to be very yummy. Doug claimed if I started making this, he'd lock me in his basement doomed to make cakes forever and that my boyfriend would never see me again! This recipe is very Mountian Dew-yum! Nicknamed the Really Cool Dew Cake (RCDC). I don't like many other recipes of this simply because they have a lot of lemon or pineapple or coconut and it detracts from the Mountain Dew...which of course is the main point for my boys. It even has a Mountian Dew glaze.. If you'd rather ice (or do both!), that's okay too. See my Pineapple icing recipe (#187414) for that!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces Mountain Dew soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan or a tube pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and Dew. Mix until all ingredients are moistened.
- 4Pour into prepared 9x13 inch pan and bake for 30 too 35 minutes. Or in a tube pan for 45 minutes.
- 5Cool completely.
- 6Mix together glaze ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove.
- 7Continue boiling for two minutes.
- 8Pour glaze onto cake while glaze is still hot.
- 9Let cool before flipping onto platter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mod's Mountain Dew Cake (Rcdc)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.7
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 483.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 46.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g