Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a modified recipe. I have deleted the brown suar in the Sharon's recipe. Judy from Hawaii notes about this recipe: Ono is Hawaiian for tasty. My friend, Sharon, always takes this to potlucks at work. She also brings copies of the recipe because people always ask for it. I'm generally not a barbecue fan, but I really enjoy this recipe. It is great on buns or over rice.
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups catsup (preferably Heinz)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- Place chuck roast into a crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour barbecue sauce over meat.
- Cover& cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot& shred meat with two forks.