Recipe by Nooney
The original version of this recipe comes from Men's Health's Abs Diet. We modified it to suit our tastes and accomodate dairy allergies.
Top Review by FloridaNative
I modified this a bit, using my regular gluten free flour and grass-fed beef instead of ground turkey, and I baked them instead of browning in the pan. These were quite tasty - I had mine "bun-less" and DH had a meatball subby. Quick and easy. Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 4 whole wheat hoagie rolls
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix turkey, oat flour, onion, garlic and flaxseed. Roll into golf ball sized meatballs.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the meatballs until browned all the way around. Drain fat and add tomato sauce.
- While sauce is warming scoop out some of the bread in the rolls to form shallow trenches.
- Spoon meatballs and sauce into each trench, sprinkle with mozzarella, and top with top half of roll.