Chef Grimwulff's Note:
Original recipe came from Kalyn's Kitchen, i modified it for personal taste and ingredients.. this works well on almost any dish or just as a salsa dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 tomatillos, quartered or 4 large green tomatoes, could be substituted
- 1/2 large onion (peeled and quartered)
- 2 -3 jalapenos or 1 large anaheim chili, if you prefer milder
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced or pureed)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more, to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (washed and spun dry)
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley (washed and spun dry)
- 3 small avocados (quartered and scooped)
- sea salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
- 1Wash tomatillos, then cut in quarters. Place in blender.
- 2Peel and quarter 1/2 of large onion. Place in blender.
- 3De-seed and de-vein jalapenos (remove any white flesh). cut into smaller pieces. Place in blender.
- 4Add garlic, sea salt, lime juice, and olive oil to blender.
- 5Add washed and spun dried cilantro and parsley.
- 6Grind Blender.
- 7Add quartered avocados, and Blend again.
- 8Taste test and then season to taste with more sea salt and ground white pepper if desired .
- 9Can be served immediately, or refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Modified Kalyn's Kitchen Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 603.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g