Recipe by Chef Grimwulff
Original recipe came from Kalyn's Kitchen, i modified it for personal taste and ingredients.. this works well on almost any dish or just as a salsa dip.
- 6 -8 tomatillos, quartered or 4 large green tomatoes, could be substituted
- 1⁄2 large onion (peeled and quartered)
- 2 -3 jalapenos or 1 large anaheim chili, if you prefer milder
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced or pureed)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more, to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (washed and spun dry)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley (washed and spun dry)
- 3 small avocados (quartered and scooped)
- sea salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash tomatillos, then cut in quarters. Place in blender.
- Peel and quarter 1/2 of large onion. Place in blender.
- De-seed and de-vein jalapenos (remove any white flesh). cut into smaller pieces. Place in blender.
- Add garlic, sea salt, lime juice, and olive oil to blender.
- Add washed and spun dried cilantro and parsley.
- Grind Blender.
- Add quartered avocados, and Blend again.
- Taste test and then season to taste with more sea salt and ground white pepper if desired .
- Can be served immediately, or refrigerate.