A cheesey pasta dish based on a recipe by Giada DeLaurentis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups whole milk
- 1/2 lb chopped pancetta
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 lbs penne pasta
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces grated Fontina cheese
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces grated provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Butter large baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Boil water for the pasta, making sure it's liberally salted. Add pasta and let it cook for 7-8 minutes or until slightly stiffer than al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 3In a very large saucepan heat 3 tbsp of olive oil. Add pancetta and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Set aside pancetta and leave fat in pan. Make sure there is about 1/4 cup of oil in there -- add olive oil to make up the difference if necessary.
- 5Add 3 tsp of minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 6Add flour and whisk thoroughly.
- 7Slowly add milk, whisking, and bring to a boil.
- 8Set heat to low and let it simmer for 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- 9Slowly add all the cheese until thoroughly melted, whisking constantly.
- 10Add pasta to the saucepan.
- 11Add pancetta and basil to the saucepan and toss.
- 12Transfer contents of saucepan to baking dish.
- 13Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top and put in oven for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Modified Farmer's Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1197.6
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 1067.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 48.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: