Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cheesey pasta dish based on a recipe by Giada DeLaurentis.
Make and share this Modified Farmer's Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 7 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 lb chopped pancetta
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 lbs penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces grated Fontina cheese
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces grated provolone cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Butter large baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil water for the pasta, making sure it's liberally salted. Add pasta and let it cook for 7-8 minutes or until slightly stiffer than al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a very large saucepan heat 3 tbsp of olive oil. Add pancetta and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Set aside pancetta and leave fat in pan. Make sure there is about 1/4 cup of oil in there -- add olive oil to make up the difference if necessary.
- Add 3 tsp of minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add flour and whisk thoroughly.
- Slowly add milk, whisking, and bring to a boil.
- Set heat to low and let it simmer for 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Slowly add all the cheese until thoroughly melted, whisking constantly.
- Add pasta to the saucepan.
- Add pancetta and basil to the saucepan and toss.
- Transfer contents of saucepan to baking dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top and put in oven for 25 minutes.