Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
just like the other one. only healthier!
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine zucchini, bananas, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Stir well or beat with electric mixer if you want to be fancy.
- In large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Add wet mixture to dry, mix well and add walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour into two lightly greased and floured bread pans.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool upright 15 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack. Allow to cool 30 minutes before tasting. Enjoy!
I made this yesterday and had great success - I left out the choc chips and served it sliced with a light spread of butter and it was most enjoyable .It is a healthy way to get zucchini eaten by those who are not big fans of that vegetable.