Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
This modern classic from Italy is an updated version of another recipe on Zaar. When I was cheffing for the Contessa, she would insist on this dish at least once a week. The balsamic vinegar imparts a slight sweetness balanced by the use of a light white vinegar.This easy to cook dish makes for a wonderful mid week meal. The photo shows the chops served with a medley of fresh vegetables and roasted potatoes.
- Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chops with the flour.
- Heat the oilive oil in a skillet and fry the chops on each side till the flour forms a crust on them. Remove the chops and set on one side.
- Add the remaining flour to the pan, stir well.
- Add the vinegars and chicken stock, stirring till a sauce has been made. If needed crumple in the stock cube.
- Replace the chops in the sauce and cook till done , about five minutes.
- Stir in the butter to enrich the sauce.
- Serve with vegetables of choice.