Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A refreshing, low fat, no mayonnaise waldorf salad. My mom used to make a version of this in the '50's. This is so good and good for you. The first time you make this, I would add the vinegar a little at a time to get the tartness that's right for you. If you don't like vinegar you can substitute lemon juice or a combination of both.
- Mix gelatine, sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup water.
- Place over low heat and stir until disolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining water and vinegar.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Add apples, celery and pecans.
- Pour into serving bowl and chill until set.