1 hr 15 mins
A refreshing, low fat, no mayonnaise waldorf salad. My mom used to make a version of this in the '50's. This is so good and good for you. The first time you make this, I would add the vinegar a little at a time to get the tartness that's right for you. If you don't like vinegar you can substitute lemon juice or a combination of both.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix gelatine, sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- 2Add 1/2 cup water.
- 3Place over low heat and stir until disolved.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in remaining water and vinegar.
- 5Chill until slightly thickened.
- 6Add apples, celery and pecans.
- 7Pour into serving bowl and chill until set.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Modern Waldorf Salad
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 214.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g