Recipe by scouter2
I don't have a lot of time now-a-days to spend preparing good meals. When given a venison roast for a present I went looking for recipes. I found all of them took too long to prepare so I came up with this recipe. Venison need not take such a long time to prepare. Now-a-days we have cooking utensils to help in the preparation. It saves on electricity, also.
- 8 -10 lbs venison roast
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer (your choice)
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 9 large carrots
- 6 medium potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- rinse roast, place in pot, season well with ginger, onion and garlic; pour beer over all and place in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to prepare:.
- throw out the marinade. rinse pot. seer meat in frying pan until brown. Place in electric Pressure Cooker add more seasoning (with pressure cookers a lot of seasoning is required), add 1/2 cup water or one more can of beer, place on setting 400 until valve swizzles then turn down to 200 for 35 minutes.
- Let cooker cool naturally, remove top place prepared carrots in pot and seal. Turn to 400 degrees until valve swizzles, cook 5 minutes. Remove meat and carrots to platter and prepare gravy if wanted or use au jus.
- While meat is cooking, wash and prick potatoes with fork, place in microwave for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with lots of love and thanks to the cook!