Recipe by TenderLovingCare
I've played a bit with a combination of recipes and this one my family loved!
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
This is a very tasty fruit bread, which gets dressed up with frosting. I liked it much better than traditional holiday fruit cake because I don't like candied fruit and this bread used dried fruit and chocolate chips! Made for Spring Pick-a-Chef. It did take the maximum amount of time listed to completely bake in the center of the large loaf.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1⁄2-1 cup chocolate chips
- 5 ounces white chocolate or 5 ounces almond bark
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, sugar, salt, eggs, milk, rum, and baking powder till well mixed.
- Add in flour and mix well.
- Gently fold in the fruit, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a buttered and floured 9 1/2" by 5 1/2" bread pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven until browned or about 60-75 minutes.
- Let stand in pan a few minutes then remove and place on rack to cool completely.
- While cooling melt white chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Combine frosting ingredients and beat well with mixer.
- Frost cool cake and let it flow over the sides.
- Can garnish with leftover fruit, nuts, or maraschino cherries cut into shapes.
- Freezes well but I prefer mine without the icing until it's thawed or it ends up separating and getting icky.