Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this all of the time. It goes together in 5 minutes and on the table in 20.
- 3 1⁄2 cups beef broth or 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- In 4qt covered saucepan, bring broth, water, tomatoes, and basil to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients except parmesan.
- Reduce to medium and simmer covered until macaroni is al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan sprinkled on top.
This was so easy and delicious as well! I threw it all (except the cheese) in the crockpot and used a can of Italian stewed tomatoes instead of crushed and it turned out great! My new go-to minestrone recipe...will definately make it again with different veggies...I think it could take just about anything. Thanks!
Loved this recipe! So simple and quick! I used boullioun as we didn't have stock and it turned out great (although a little salty). I added kidney beans as well as some celery. YUM! Served w/ crusty bread = just perfect! Thanks for sharing!
SO easy and SO delicious: WOW! And like all soup recipes, very adaptable: if you don't have something on hand you can easily substitute something else. I made this pretty much to the recipe, except for using baby carrots and increasing the basil and garlic a tad. If I hadn't been planning on taking this to work for lunches during the coming week, I would have added some wine, perhaps inappropriately! I used my Vegetable Stock Vegetable Stock instead of water. Still amazed by how quick this was to make. Thanks, KelBel. I'll be making this often.