Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great choice for a cold Winter's day. This flavoursome meal is full of goodness.
- 12 lamb chops
- 1 lb baby onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 9 ounces baby carrots
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups lamb stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parsley, chopped
- chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Brown the chops in a non-stick frying pan, then layer up in a large flameproof casserole with the vegetables and thyme, seasoning between layers.
- Pour off the excess fat from the frying pan and add the flour. Stir well to make a paste, then cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the stock to make a smooth sauce and bring to the boil.
- Pour the liquid over the meat and vegetables and bring to a simmer on the hob. Cover and cook in the lower half of the oven for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
- Garnish with the freshly chopped herbs and serve with green vegetables, if wished.