Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a nice easy recipe.
- 12 lamb chops
- 500 g baby onions
- 750 g baby new potatoes
- 270 g baby carrots
- 3 sprigs lemon thyme
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 600 ml lamb stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- chopped parsley, and (to garnish)
- chives (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4. Brown the chops in a non-stick frying pan, then layer up in a large flameproof casserole with the vegetables and thyme, seasoning between layers.
- Pour off the excess fat from the frying pan and add the flour. Stir well to make a paste, then cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the stock to make a smooth sauce and bring to the boil.
- Pour the liquid over the meat and vegetables and bring to a simmer on the hob. Cover and cook in the lower half of the oven for 2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
- Garnish with the freshly chopped herbs and serve with Savoy cabbage, if wished.