Recipe by Oolala
Called the best meatloaf in Pol Martin's Guide to Modern American cooking. I haven't tried it but yet but wanted to post it so I can.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 onion, chopped, cooked
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- 3 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put meats and seasonings(not bay leaves)in a large bowl and add onion and garlic.
- Mix well.
- Add breadcrumbs and eggs; mix and stir in cream.
- Press mixture into a loaf pan and place bay leaves on top.
- Set the loaf pan into a roasting pan of hot water and bake for 1 1/2 hours.