- 16 ounces frozen peas
- 2 Hass avocadoes, pitted and peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 -3 lemons, juice of or 1 -3 lime, juice of
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peas in a strainer and run hot water over them until they are thawed.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse until very smooth.
- Add 1/4 of one avocado, salt, and the juice of one lemon or lime.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Coarsely mash in the rest of the avocado (if should be chunky).
- Stir in tomato and onion.
- Taste and add in more juice or salt, if needed.