Recipe by Lennie
This is a fast, easy soup that makes for a great lunch or light supper. Why fuss with making homemade wontons for soup when tortellini makes a great substitute?
Top Review by James Craig
Thank you Lennie! A super recipe!! I used 8 ounces of frozen peas and 8 ounces of Asian style vegetables. I thought it was exceptional. When my wife came home and saw it she was ready to eat. She and I could have eaten the entire recipe ourselves in one sitting but she wanted to take some to work. Will make this again! Thank you for sharing!!
- 3 (14 ounce) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen tortellini (meat filling gives the best results, but use whatever kind you want)
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen Chinese vegetables (or any type you like)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, place the chicken broth and, over high heat, bring it to a boil.
- Add frozen tortellini and veggies, let return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tortellini is tender; stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in onion, sesame oil, and ginger; serve.