Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fast, easy soup that makes for a great lunch or light supper. Why fuss with making homemade wontons for soup when tortellini makes a great substitute?
- 3 (14 ounce) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen tortellini (meat filling gives the best results, but use whatever kind you want)
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen Chinese vegetables (or any type you like)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- In a large saucepan, place the chicken broth and, over high heat, bring it to a boil.
- Add frozen tortellini and veggies, let return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tortellini is tender; stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in onion, sesame oil, and ginger; serve.
Thank you Lennie! A super recipe!! I used 8 ounces of frozen peas and 8 ounces of Asian style vegetables. I thought it was exceptional. When my wife came home and saw it she was ready to eat. She and I could have eaten the entire recipe ourselves in one sitting but she wanted to take some to work. Will make this again! Thank you for sharing!!
Lennie what a great neat, quick soup to fix and it is very good. I didn't use the packaged chinese veggies but cleaned out my veggie drawer (shredded carrot, chopped onion,, 1/2 zucchini, 6 green beans chopped, 4 asparagus, chopped, bit of seet green pepper, some bok choy, bean sprouts mushroom etc.) I cut back on the sesame oil a tad too. Took me just minutesand was enjoyed by both of us - I cut back the recipe to 4 servings. Friday I'll reheat the remains. Thanks Lennie
This was great lennie! I threw in two cans of vegetable broth and one of chicken since that's what I had on hand, and I used frozen spinach and mushroom ravioli. This will be a common meal around here--so quick and cheap, and not messy! Thanks!!