This came from New Kosher Cookbook By Beth El Women's League. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shake milk, flour and salt together in a jar or shaker covered tightly. Heat until thick, stirring constantly, then cool.
- 2Beat shortening with electric beater for 3 minutes. Add sugar and beat 3 minutes more. Add milk mixture and vanilla; beat again 2 or 3 minutes.
- 3Spread on cake. Will cover filling and outside of layer cake.
- 4Chocolate Icing: Add 1 square chocolate and an additional 1/4 cup confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Whipped Cream Icing - With Variation
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.6
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 54.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g