Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from New Kosher Cookbook By Beth El Women's League. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Shake milk, flour and salt together in a jar or shaker covered tightly. Heat until thick, stirring constantly, then cool.
- Beat shortening with electric beater for 3 minutes. Add sugar and beat 3 minutes more. Add milk mixture and vanilla; beat again 2 or 3 minutes.
- Spread on cake. Will cover filling and outside of layer cake.
- Chocolate Icing: Add 1 square chocolate and an additional 1/4 cup confectioners sugar.