Doesn't dieting make you crave the oddest things? I've never been a Twinkie fan but I adore these _fake_ ones. Of course the filling isn't that slick lard stuff that has a 50 year shelf life but at only 2 Weight Watchers points per serving, I'll chew and dream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix, Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe recommended
- 12 ounces diet lemon-lime soda
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In large bowl, combine cake mix, diet soda and 2 egg whites; beat for 2 minutes until well mixed.
- 3Line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners. Fill each liner 2/3 full with cake batter.
- 4Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- 5Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Once cupcakes are completely cool, fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with the Cool Whip Free. Insert tip into center of each cupcake and fill with Cool Whip.
- 7Store in the refrigerator, out of sight of others. Sneak in the kitchen regularly and indulge.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Twinkies
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 144.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cool whip