Doesn't dieting make you crave the oddest things? I've never been a Twinkie fan but I adore these _fake_ ones. Of course the filling isn't that slick lard stuff that has a 50 year shelf life but at only 2 Weight Watchers points per serving, I'll chew and dream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix, Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe recommended
- 12 ounces diet lemon-lime soda
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In large bowl, combine cake mix, diet soda and 2 egg whites; beat for 2 minutes until well mixed.
- 3Line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners. Fill each liner 2/3 full with cake batter.
- 4Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- 5Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Once cupcakes are completely cool, fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with the Cool Whip Free. Insert tip into center of each cupcake and fill with Cool Whip.
- 7Store in the refrigerator, out of sight of others. Sneak in the kitchen regularly and indulge.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Twinkies
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 144.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cool whip