Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Doesn't dieting make you crave the oddest things? I've never been a Twinkie fan but I adore these _fake_ ones. Of course the filling isn't that slick lard stuff that has a 50 year shelf life but at only 2 Weight Watchers points per serving, I'll chew and dream.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix, Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe recommended
- 12 ounces diet lemon-lime soda
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free cool whip
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, diet soda and 2 egg whites; beat for 2 minutes until well mixed.
- Line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners. Fill each liner 2/3 full with cake batter.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with the Cool Whip Free. Insert tip into center of each cupcake and fill with Cool Whip.
- Store in the refrigerator, out of sight of others. Sneak in the kitchen regularly and indulge.
well I use Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe yellow cake, I could not find the butter cake as stated in the ingredients, I am giving this 5 stars for the cake, I used Cool Whip for the filling but I think I would have preferred something different, I will make the cake again but with a different filling, thanks for sharing Susie!