Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this for Thanksgiving once and one of my daughter's friends wanted to know what was in the "potatoes"! People who claim to dislike cauliflower love this dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen cauliflower in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes. Stir and cook another 4 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes. Place in a colander to drain and blot with paper towels to absorb as much moisture as possible.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, butter, half the cheese, half the bacon, salt and pepper to processor. Process until contents have the smooth consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Grease the same casserole used for cooking the cauliflower and pour in the cauliflower mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes at 400º or until lightly browned.
Delicious! My husband said this would satisfy a carb craving for him.
This is a wonderful, flavorful lower carb. alternative to mashed potatoes or twice-baked potatoes. It was part of our Thanksgiving feast this year, and it was gobbled up by people who claimed they didn't like cauliflower!