Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This a delicious soup that I first tasted in Cincinatti and bought a case to bring home to PA,a little expensive. So I searched for a recipe on the Internet and found this on Cooks.com. The recipe calls for a 14 ounce bottle of ketchup, but Food.com won't let me enter it that way.
- 2 1⁄2 quarts cold water
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 4 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium onions, diced fine
- 25 gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut fine
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 ounces catsup
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- Put all ingredients in a large stock pot, except for the hard boiled eggs.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling.
- Cover pot and simmer for 3 hours.
- Add hard boiled eggs, chopped at 2 hour 45 minutes.