This is a recipe that I have copied and modified from www.vegandad.blogspot.com. I never liked fish very much, before I became a vegetarian, and this does taste like fish, but I cut back on the amount of seaweed and I quite enjoy the sandwich. The kelp granules and green onions are optional. If you are vegan, use Vegenaise; if you are vegetarian you can use mayonnaise. It is really easy to make. Serve with a vegetable soup for a complete vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rip nori into smaller pieces and place in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- 2Add in chickpeas and pulse until coarsely chopped (be sure to pulse -- you don't want a paste).
- 3Place chickpeas in a bowl.
- 4Chop green onions and add to chickpeas.
- 5Add in vegenaise (mayo), kelp, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Keep cold until ready to serve.
- 7Spread on whole grain bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Tuna Salad Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 401.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nori sushi sheets