Recipe by Mohamjip
This is a recipe that I have copied and modified from www.vegandad.blogspot.com. I never liked fish very much, before I became a vegetarian, and this does taste like fish, but I cut back on the amount of seaweed and I quite enjoy the sandwich. The kelp granules and green onions are optional. If you are vegan, use Vegenaise; if you are vegetarian you can use mayonnaise. It is really easy to make. Serve with a vegetable soup for a complete vegetarian meal.
Top Review by Mindelicious
This totally hit the spot!! DH was totally craving tuna salad and this fit the bill perfectly. He said you could totally change a couple things and have a "egg" salad sandwich as well, maybe change out the nori for some dill. I loved it cause it was simple and had only a couple ingredients!!! Thanks so much!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and well drained
- 2 whole green onions
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 nori sushi sheet
- 1 teaspoon dried kelp granules (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rip nori into smaller pieces and place in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add in chickpeas and pulse until coarsely chopped (be sure to pulse -- you don't want a paste).
- Place chickpeas in a bowl.
- Chop green onions and add to chickpeas.
- Add in vegenaise (mayo), kelp, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Keep cold until ready to serve.
- Spread on whole grain bread.