Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I was very surprised by this drink. So tasty.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thaws
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 family size tea bag
- 2 cups red grape juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle orange soda, chilled
- Process raspberries in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour puree through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large container, discarding raspberry seeds.
- Set puree aside.
- Bring 3 cups water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring often.
- Remove from heat; add tea bag.
- Cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bag with a slotted spoon, squeezing gently; cool tea mixture.
- Stir together tea mixture, raspberry puree, grape juice, and lemon and lime slices.
- Stir in orange soft drink, and serve immediately over ice.
My whole family enjoyed this fruity drink last night for supper with our takeout pizza. It was nice and sweet, but not too much. I used diet orange soda and a cranberry tea. Made and reviewed as the recipe of the day for the Comfort Cafe - Thanks! :)
I scaled this back to make 4 cups. I really enjoyed it! I had cranberry grape juice so used that. Thanks! Made for the Comfort Cafe, Recipe of the Day.