This would make a great treat for children on April Fools day or any time for that matter. I got it from a Family Fun Magazine and love the simplicity of the recipe and how much fun the kids have with it.
- Grease a 12x17" baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until smooth.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in rice cereal until it is evenly coated.
- Turn the baking sheet so that the shorter ends are at the top and bottom.
- Then press the marshmallow mixture onto the sheet, distributing it evenly.
- Starting at one side an inch up from the lower edge, place gummy worms atop the mixture end to end in a horizontal line.
- Gently roll the lower edge of the marshmallow mixture over the gummy worms.
- Then stop and cut the log away from the rest of the mixture.
- Use the same method to form 4 more logs.
- Slice each log into 1 inch thick"sushi" rolls and wrap them individually with a strip of fruit roll-ups.