Recipe by Chabear01
My Dear Sweet Late Mother was a diabetic, and had this recipe in her grey cookbook. Be sure to check out the hint she left for us. Most of the cooking time is really chilling time.
Top Review by BestTeenChef
This was very delish!!! Instead of sugar free pudding, I used one cup of your Vanilla Pudding Mix Recipe #159947. After letting the milk, yogurt and pudding mix boil, I removed from heat and added 1/2 tsp of vanilla as the directions for the pudding mix say.(along with the allspice and raisins) After pouring into The Healthy Pie Crust Recipe #137952 I was alittle worried as the pudding mixture seemed a bit watery. But after putting it in the fridge for a couple of hours, it thickened up! Also your mother's tip worked! Thanks for the recipe and the tip Chabear01!!
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 226.79 g package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 1 pastry shells, baked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine milk and yogurt. Add the pudding mix.Cook and stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in Allspice. Add Raisins and mix well.
- Let cool for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour into Pastry shell. Chill at least 2
- *** HINT ***.
- To prevent your pie shell from shrinking as it bakes, put rolled pastry in a pie plate, then place an empty pie plate inside it. Bake 10 minutes. Remove the empty plate: continue baking until crust is brown.