Recipe by RandomChef
I'm from White Castle country and these are pretty close to the real thing. My kids enjoyed them years ago when I would make this for them.
Top Review by mojo mom
Made these last night for the family and eveyone loved them. It was nice to just throw it into the oven. I used 2 lbs. ground beef, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 5 tablespoons water, 1 egg, 1 lipton onion envelope and 1/2 teaspoon salt and baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I drained the meat and sprinkled grated cheese on half to satisfy the cheeseburger lovers in the house, cut them into squares with my pizza cutter and then served them on the Sweet Hawaiin Rolls. Served them with some onion rings that I got on the website and couldn't have asked for a more delicious, simple fun meal. Thanks!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (24 count) packagepepperidge farm party rolls
- hamburger dills, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, bread crumbs, water, pepper, egg and onion soup mix. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll mixture out 1/2-inch thick, to a 10-by-6-inch rectangle between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Turn out onto cookie sheet, removing paper from both sides. Using finger or spoon handle, poke holes in meat.
- Bake in preheated 400-degree oven 10 minutes. Remove. Pour off any fat. Cut meat into 20 squares to fit rolls. Place one piece of meat into a roll and top with hamburger dills if desired. Serve hot.
- Makes 5 hearty servings.